Is the first kid to the top of the climbing frame the fastest climber, or just the kid who’s…
- Come to the park
- Involved in the conversation
- The first one to realise there’s a game on
- Interested in playing
- Standing a bit closer to the climbing frame
- Prepared to run and climb with the wood-chip in their shoe or down their neck rather than stopping to sort it out while they shout “I’m not ready!”
- Climbed the frame before and knows the easiest way up
- Worn the right shoes
- Steered the group to the climbing frame today because they lost yesterday and wanted another go.
So many variables that can be influenced; so many that are sheer luck; so few of them to do with being the fastest climber.