Disruptive Innovations are NOT breakthrough technologies that make good products better; rather they are innovations that make products and services more accessible and affordable, thereby making them available to a larger population.Christensen Institute
Could you make it…
- … cheaper?
- … easier to discover?
- … easier to find out more about?
- … easier to get hold of?
- … less intimidating?
- … more predictable (where desireable)
Making a train service 20% faster might cost hundreds of millions. But making it 20% more enjoyable might cost almost nothing.Rory Sutherland – Alchemy
- … more enjoyable?
- … more fun?
- … more sociable?
- … funnier?
- … more attractive?
- .. more pleasantly surprising?
- … more meaningful?
- … more generous?
Of course, this applies to all aspects of your organisation:
- The first things people hear about you
- First-contact customer or user experience
- Orienting and training staff
- Buying your products or services
- Receiving and using what they’ve paid for
- Customer assistance and service
- The atmosphere in your office
- Team meetings
“Better” is pretty much unlimited in all directions. Which ones will best help you achieve your aims?
Which “better” will you choose?