… assuming that you are the sort of person that likes this sort of thing, then:
- It will be for you and not for us*
- It will have a clear purpose…**
- … and we’ll make sure that we communicate what it is…
- … and do our best to act in line with it…
- … and hope you’ll agree that it’s important.
- We’ll administrate things well
- We’ll tell you what you need to know ahead of time (in good time)
- You’ll know what’s supposed to be happening and when***
- We’ll know who’s doing what
- We’ll present well
- We’ll stay focused
- You will feel that you got a generous portion – more than you paid for
- We’ll keep to time…
- … because we respect you…
- … and we’ve done the hard work of getting rid of the many good ideas that didn’t fit…
- … and because we’ve built in enough slack to allow for the unexpected.
- We will show up with energy…
- … and do things that help you to show up.
- You will be actively involved
- You may need to work hard, but it will be fun, and it will be worth it
- You will take away things that you can use
- Things will be well structured/made/designed…
- … but we won’t be too precious…
- … and we will never do things just for show.
- We will never do things just to fill the time
- You shouldn’t find yourself having to do something that’s just totally unreasonable****
- There will be a sense of momentum…
- … but you won’t feel hassled or rushed
- We will be available to talk to you
- We will have spare pens
- Some things will go wrong, but we’ll all be okay with that, because of all of this
- We will ask you, and ask ourselves, how we can make it better…
- … and next time, it will be
- You’ll be glad you came
What have I missed?
*Okay, it’s a bit for us, because this is what we love to do. But it’s really for you.
**Although there will be a degree of idiosyncracy and interesting marginalia
***Apart from when you’re not supposed to know
****But if you do it’s because it’s unavoidable – and we’ll tell you why, and we’ll empathise