THIS is what you’re looking for as you build your product or program: users/customers/participants who will not only buy what you have to offer*, but will tell the others. These are the people who will help the idea spread.
To find these people you’ll need…
- To have something that’s worth using and worth talking about (the more remarkable the better);
- To find ways to get it in front of enough people who like it that you find a few of the people who’ll bring others (this might be one-in-ten or one-in-a-hundred).
It will help if you also…
- Do things to make your thing easier to share and talk about;
- Are on the look out for these people, and pay attention when you see them in action;
- Think carefully about how you can bring them closer into the fold when you do…
- … while being careful not to overwhelm them with your enthusiasm.
*Even if only with time and effort.