This interview with Sonal Chokshi and Matt Abrahams is a useful listen. It’s loaded with specific techniques for presenting and for moderating discussions, whether in-person or online. They cover things like:
- Good meeting preparation and post-interview follow-up for different types of meeting;
- Thinking about the feelings you’re hoping to encourage in your audience as much as the information you’re hoping will be imparted;
- Using paraphrasing to interrupt tangents and redirect conversations;
- Bridging and linking between panelists to move things forward;
- The use of visual, vocal and verbal techniques to create presence;
- Doing eye-contact in virtual meetings;
- Using cadence and well-placed adjectives to make your voice more engaging;
- Handling (but not trying to eliminate) verbal ticks;
- Reducing the use of qualifiers like “I think”.
And many more!