Kevin Kelly celebrated his birthday this year by sharing more pithy wisdom. Most of his nuggets of advice are great. These are my favourites:
– If you have any doubt at all about being able to carry a load in one trip, do yourself a huge favor and make two trips.
– It’s not an apology if it comes with an excuse. It is not a compliment if it comes with a request
– Learn how to tie a bowline knot. Practice in the dark. With one hand. For the rest of your life you’ll use this knot more times than you would ever believe.
– A balcony or porch needs to be at least 6 feet (2m) deep or it won’t be used.
– Be strict with yourself and forgiving of others. The reverse is hell for everyone.
– Bad things can happen fast, but almost all good things happen slowly.
– A problem that can be solved with money is not really a problem.More here: 99 Additional Bits of Unsolicited Advice from Kevin Kelly
In keeping with this theme, I’d love to hear advice from you – what’s the best advice that you have to give?