Being able to execute means being able to get the right things done at the right times. Good execution is a combination of:
- Knowledge – do you know what to do and how to do it? This is a type of vision, but I include here for completeness.
- Skill – are you able to do it? Skills need to be learned and practiced, and intuition improves with experience.
- Will – are you committed? Do you make things happen and get stuff done? Skill doesn’t matter if you don’t take action.
- Performance – how well do you do your part? Do you make the most of what you’ve got?
- Bringing people with you – who else is involved? Are they ready?
- Luck – do things go your way?
Having a strong will – strong enough that you consistently act on it – is the most important of these. Unless you’re committed and determined and actually show up, make things happen and get stuff done – nothing else matters.