We all have moments where it feels like we’re running on empty, and we need other people to help us carry the load. This is a normal part of being human – but it shouldn’t be the default for most of us.
It’s desirable and healthy to live (at home, at work, and elsewhere) so that in the usual run of things you have (at least) a little extra to give away:
- A little bit of time to talk to someone;
- A little bit of energy to help someone out;
- A little bit of attention for something important;
- A little bit of money or food to give away;
- A little bit of patience with something that irritates you;
- A little bit of respect for someone you disagree with;
- A little bit of art to change how people see.