- … you’re not confident that you understand what I’m asking.
- … you think you understand but it still doesn’t make sense.
- … you think I’m missing something important.
- … what I say is a clearly a bad idea.
- … you have a better idea for how to do this.
- … you can suggest something different altogether that’s better.
- … you think what I’m suggesting is morally questionable.
Which is all to say that we don’t want people who simply do what we say.
And that we need to get much better at communicating – which includes helping other people to communicate well with us.