Questions for self:
- Why do you read the news more than once a day? Will things really have changed since the last time you had an empty moment?
- Same again but for sports scores, election results, the price of Bitcoin and even… the number of visits to your blog.
- Mull over whatever it is that you’re taking a break from;
- Keep eyes (and memory) open for reminders of the quick little jobs you keep forgetting to do;
- Write that quick message to a friend or family member
- Concentrate on doing the “unimportant” job in front of you whole-mindedly and well;
- Let mind drift;
- Ask yourself what you need to be thinking about;
- Plan the next move in your campaign for world domination.
Live life and make news (someone’s news) instead of (re-)reading it.