… is to help everyone else to be productive.
There are levels to this. Ideally, your colleagues will identify what needs to be done and make it happen.
In reality, there will be times when you need to be more directive. You may need to:
- Set clear goals and key activities.
- Write the script for what needs to be done: “If this, then that.”
- Explain how and why those scripts work. Check that they are working. Regularly.
- Provide appropriate tools and fix them when they break.
- Encourage teammates to start writing their own scripts in the spirit of the game that you’ve chosen to play.
I like the script and ‘script within a script’ analogy…interesting and helpful thanks