Here’s the draft of six questions for first interviews on the DC podcast – let me know what you think. Spec for the podcast (which should have come first) coming soon!)
- Who are you, what do you do, and why do you think it’s important?
- How did your organisation or project start, and how has it changed?
- Can you share an important lesson that you’ve picked up along the way, and how you learnt it?
- Apart from that – is there a book, resource or author you’d particularly recommend?
- What’s next, and what hard-to-find resources or partners will you be looking for?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to work for change, and is in the early stages of starting a project or organisation?
Backup / candidate questions:
a. What piece of advice to you think you most need to hear?
b. Can you tell me about a person who’s influenced you in a way that helped you to do your work better?
c. Are there any values, commitments or practices that you think are important in running an organisation but are often overlooked?
Great questions. I assume 5 is ‘what’s next in your work’ rather than life in general.
Good point – that’s the focus, but I’m up for hearing whatever people have to say!