If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Starting from scratch is overrated (and impossible). Some better questions are:
– Has someone else already made what I’m trying to make? Or something similar? Or part of it? (Readymade is usually easier than DIY).
– What new things can I make with the components I already have?
– Which building blocks have I overlooked or neglected?
– Where can I look for new building blocks?
– Who else would find what I’ve built useful? Can I share it – or share instructions for how to make it? (Saving someone from having to make something themselves is the foundation of most business models, and instructions are another type of building block.)
– Which pieces of what I do is it really essential that I break down and re-make myself?