What do you do with a spare fifteen minutes?
Quite frequently, I’ll…
- Continue a Whatsapp conversation
- Skim the news
- See who’s been coming to DriverlessCroc
- Catch the next few minutes of whatever podcast or talk on youtube I’m listening to
- Read someone else’s blog
More rarely, I’ll…
- Think about a half-formed thought for a blog post
- Make a foray onto Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Spare a few thoughts for an email or problem I’m working on in my project (aka “work”)
Rarest of all, I’ll…
- Think of the next thing I need to do at home
- Plan a fun thing for my kids
- Put my mind to the next family holiday
But those last three – and things like them – are keepy uppies for the most important things in my life, and the things that will bring me the most satisfaction.
Time to institute a new habit for those spare fifteens.*
* fifteen minutes here, fifteen minutes there, over a week, a month – sooner or later it adds up to real time.